We look forward to seeing you and your guests at graduation tomorrow! Please review the following reminders:
Children on Stage
The MBA Commencement will take place on Friday, May 20 at 2PM.
- Arrive by 1PM at the South end of the backstage area dressed in your cap and gown. Proceed to the EWMBA table and pick up a name card. Only graduates in caps and gowns will be admitted backstage.
- Please allow plenty of time to park (more parking info below) before arriving backstage.
- Instruct your guests to arrive between 1:00-1:30PM and enter through the North Entrance (the entrance closer to Hearst Street). ADA guests should enter through the South Entrance (closer to Haas).
- There is no special seating order for the graduates. You will be in a single file line when you go out of the gate, so be sure to stand either in front of or behind the person you wish to sit with.
- We ask that all students stay for the entire ceremony, which will last until approximately 4PM.
The commencement ceremony will be live streamed here. Please share this link with family and friends who aren’t able to attend. The ceremony will also be recorded and we’ll send out the link to the recording a few weeks after graduation.
Children on Stage
Please note that no strollers are allowed in the Greek Theatre, but there will be stroller parking at both entrances. Children are allowed to accompany graduates across the stage, but they are not allowed backstage or in the graduate seating area. Shortly before you cross the stage, an adult can bring your child to you and then that adult can meet you on the other side of the stage to pick your child back up.
General parking for your guests will be available in the Foothill Lot (Hearst Avenue, east of Highland Avenue,) and the Lower Hearst Structure (Hearst between Scenic and Euclid Avenue.) The cost will be $10.00 (cash only).* Please visit the Commencement website for more information.
With the help of the EWMBAA, we are launching a program allowing you to donate your gown and hood to the class of 2017. Caps and tassels will not be collected. Look for the bins in the Courtyard on Friday if you’d like to donate your gown and hood.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Also, this information and more details are available on our website!